1/19/16

Learning & Life Challenges

I have never heard of this H.E.A.R.T acronym until today and I find it inspiring. The acronym stands for Health and Happiness, Empathy, Attention, Reading, and Time Management. Currently in my life I feel as if I have shifted the role of each of these in weight percentages. Nowadays it seems like my main focus is time management, health (because it's a new year), and attention. I would like to be able to shift those weight percentages more in favor of happiness and reading as I become older. It is not that I am unhappy now or don't read a lot now, however I would like to take up leisure reading as a hobby. In addition, I am a firm believer that happiness comes mainly from helping others and good deeds, not just spoiling yourself once you've made money. I will say that my advice to anyone is to spend as much time with your grandparents or parents as possible. I feel as I've gotten older I have less and less opportunities to spend time with them. And as I go to graduate college in almost a year I know I will only become busier. Although, I have recognized this fact and take almost every opportunity I get to spend with my grandparents. You never know when you might be on the last fishing trip with your grandpa.

Fishing with Grandpa (Jake Harris)

No comments:

Post a Comment