3/21/16

Reading Diary Week 9: Divine Archer Cont.

Sugriva and Vail fighting
I finished the rest of the Divine Archer today and have been pleased with the overall plot. I have already previously mentioned this but I will go ahead and say again that I myself did not see a whole lot of difference between the two versions I read of the Ramayana. Below is my analysis of the rest of the Divine Archer:

· The only difference that I can partly see is that the Divine Archer appears to not emphasize the longevity of the war whereas it seemed in the pde version that the war carried on much longer.

· Rama again kills Vali and is identified as the main protagonist of the story.

· Again we see Hanuman as the “right hand man” so to speak for Rama. He again sets the town on fire and aids in the finding and rescuing of Sita.

· I liked and didn’t like the ending battle between Rama and Ravana. I liked it because it was short and sweet however was displeased with lack of detail.

· We see Sita and Rama are finally reunited and there is a similar ending as in the public domain edition of the Ramayana. Sita is again sent into exile by Rama and I’m again displeased with this ending.

· All in all, the Divine Archer was a nice simple interpretation of the Ramayana.

Bibliography: The Divine Archer, written by F.J. Gould.



No comments:

Post a Comment