3/6/16

Reading Diary Week 7: Epified Mahabharata Continued

Since I missed the Tuesday reading assignment, I am finishing the rest of the Epified Mahbharata for the makeup reading. I did theses assignments so far apart that I had to re-catch myself up to what happened. Here are some of the highlights I saw in the Part B section of the videos:
  • I didn't remember Karna's background and I liked the detail provided in this version. He is not trained the art of war until he lies about his ancestry.
  • Once trained Karna's heart even more desires war.
  • As Karna's jealousy increases after draupadi's swamayarma he only builds the suspense for war with the pandavas.
  • I learned in more detail of how the arrangement of Draupadi's marriage with the five pandavas would workout. In addition, the similar consequence was interpreted in both the pde and the epified version of the Mahabharata.
  • We learn about Arjuna's journey with the Brahmins in the himalyans. We also saw that he thought it was worth the exile. More detail was given about his other mistresses he finds on his twelve year journey.
  • I find it odd how Arjuna's wants changed rapidly from each journey/kingdom he stumbles upon. It almost symbolizes how a person today changes there wants so rapidly.

Arjuna in the lake (Wikipedia)


No comments:

Post a Comment