3/21/16

Reading Diary Part A Week 9: The Divine Archer

Vali Courtesy of Wikipedia

This week I have chosen to read the Divine Archer for my personal reading selection. I have chosen this for a few reasons, but mainly just because I enjoyed the Ramayana more than the Mahabharata. In addition, I would like to revisit the Ramayana and see how this story differs from the public domain edition. Below is my analysis of the divine archer:

· For the most part, it seems to me as if the stories are very similar. Including the same characters and same plot.

· We see similiarly how Rama wins over Sita in the beginning with his great mastery of bow and arrows.

· Similiarly in the pde version we learn of the curse that happened to Dasaratha when hunting and accidently killing a boy.

· We see similiarly how Rama is exiled from the King’s curse.

· Again Rama teams up with the monkey god Sugriva. Once Rama helps him with his past troubles, Sugriva helps Rama on his quest to capture Sita.

· All in all, for the most part the interpretations from the public domain edition and the Divine Archer show to overlay well.

Bibliography: The Divine Archer, written by F.J. Gould.

No comments:

Post a Comment