3/2/16

Reading Diary Week 7: Epified Mahabharata


For this week I am revisiting the Mahabharata in a new way. I have chosen the Epified Mahabharata because I was a fan of Sita sings the blues and I was hoping to enjoy this video as much as the other. I do wish that is was just one long video instead of little episodes. I did prefer the ending in this story over the Ramayana and watching this epified series helped me to see the ending clearly. Here are the notes/highlights I wanted to note from the episodes:

·       For the most part the general storyline is the same and the characters I recognized from the public domain edition of the Mahabharata have the same personalities and traits.

·       I was a fan of the story of winning Draupadi as queen at her Swamayarma because it helped visualize the story from me. I wrote a story similar to this last week and it was neat being able to see animations of the story they told in the episode.

·       Arjuna was as I imagined him in reading the PDE version of the Mahabharata. His bow is as mighty as I thought as well.

·       Karna finds out that he is supposed to be a soldier instead of a farmer, I don’t remember this realization in the PDE version.

·       There is no surprise when I see that there is still trouble between Draupadi and all five of the Pandavas’ marriage with her. We see that again Arjuna is exiled for 12 years and in his exile he visits a few different kingdoms and goes on what seems to me as random journeys. Upon which he marries another woman from another kingdom.

·       The ending in the episode seems to be clearer to me than when I read the PDE version. I now understand how the Pandavas exited the Earth and returned to Vishnu.
Krishna in Chariot (blogsuk)

No comments:

Post a Comment