2/21/16

Famous Last Words: Week 5

This week was definitely a better writing week for me than last week. I felt as if the plot in my most recent story "Queen's Challenge" was much better than the previous. As opposed to the writings I did this week, I was not the biggest fan of the Mahabharata thus far. One of the reasons was just because there were too many moving parts. Characters were constantly introduced and then left out. I began writing down some of the relationships on the whiteboard on my wall and finally ended up running out of room. My hopes are that Part C & D will be a little easier to follow and that the main plot will start to develop more. In addition, I am hoping to find really good content for next week's storytelling assignment.
How I felt reading the Mahabharata (flickr)

In my other classes things have started to heat up. As I saw in one of my other petroleum engineering friend's post, "We're in the eye of the storm" so to speak. I have two tests coming up on Monday and Tuesday. The first being probably easier than the second however that professor is more unpredictable as to content. I also helped my lab group finish up a lab report this weekend in which I was a main contributor on data and editing. My writing skills that have developed in this class have helped me become more inept to spot grammatical errors in other classes. I am looking forward to what I continue to improve on and I hope to improve my writing. My goal is to write something very well the first time, so I don't have to spend so much time revising it. I also want to continue to expand my knowledge and experience of different writing styles. I haven’t yet ventured into a super creative or different approach however I am willing to give it a shot.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tyler! I agree with you about The Mahabharata. It was very hard for me to follow as well because there were so many characters and side stories that I could not keep up. As for your other classes, You said you were in the eye of the storm and I have seen this on many other blogs too. It must have been a tough week for everyone.

    Hope it went well

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete